ORGANIC COFFEE × LOCAL FOOD
SOCIALLY AND ENVIRONMENTALLY CONSCIOUS
After falling in love with crepes on a trip in France, Katie started her own business to bring together her new favorite food with her long-time passion for coffee and the environment. In 2002, Perk on Main opened in an 800 square foot storefront, a little off the beaten track in Durham, CT. Thanks to loyal customers and supporters, Perk on Main moved in 2007 to a larger space on Main Street with an outdoor deck and fantastic view of the countryside.
In 2010, Perk began offering Crepes Live and started taking crepes on the road to homes, festivals, and fairs. One year later, the doors opened at Perk on Church, located in a cool Quonset hut near the Guilford town green. 2014 marked the launch of our first food truck, Perk on Wheels.
Since our first storefront, we have sought to not only bring people together but positively impact both our local and global community every day. Perk offers a wide selection of artisanal coffee and crepes, while keeping its carbon footprint at a minimum. As we continue to grow, so does our mission; thank you for supporting us.
serving our community
It is our goal to help bring forth an environmentally sustainable and socially just human presence on earth.
In this pursuit, we:
- Buy fairly traded, organic and/or local products whenever possible.
- Purchase 100% Wind Energy for its long term sustainability.
- Generate the same amount of garbage as an average single family home by using compostable and recyclable materials wherever possible.
- Believe that food waste does not belong in a landfill - ours is turned into mulch.
- Provide filtered water to decrease the need for bottled water.
- Encourage you to use a travel mug for your daily cup of coffee; try it and save a quarter each time.
- Donate our coffee grounds to local gardens and farms.
It is our pleasure to support our citizens, local communities and local causes in any way we can. Thank you for supporting us.
we love our staff and our customers
Our staff is rock solid and the community that surrounds Perk on Main is tremendous. Stop in and you'll most likely bump into someone you know, and if not, you'll feel welcomed anyway!
Want to become a staff member at Perk? Tell us how awesome you are by completing this job application.
Thank you to La Boca for the delish meal last night at our Perk holiday dinner!
We will be closing at 6 p.m. on Sunday, January 6 for our Perk team holiday dinner. Thank you for understanding!